Saturday, January 19, 2008

Missing the snow!! Can't believe it!!

It never snows in Hotlanta! Never! Seriously, can you believe it snowed twice in one week (and stuck to the ground) in Georgia! The really horrible part of the whole thing is that I missed it. Yes, that's right, I missed it. Cody and I are in Myrtle Beach, SC and it's in the mid 40's and rainy! I drove to NC today to see my family and it began to pour the snow as I was leaving. I am so disappointed! 


Despite my disappointment I've had a really great day. I got up early and drove to NC to see my family. I had breakfast with my awesome Grandparents. My Grandmother is the most well "put together" person you could meet. Her handbag, shoes and nail polish always match whatever outfit she chooses to style in for the day! Really, the woman never has chipped polish! I know it is unbelievable. My Grandfather is her perfect match. He is the most friendly person I've ever met, he never meets a stranger and everyone loves him! To top it off, his snow white locks are always placed perfectly (and in his opinion it would be an absolute disaster if he wasn't matching and ironed)! I really love to see them! I also went to a baby shower for my "aunt" JD and soon to be baby girl "ya-ya", Sydney. I really love to go "home" and see everyone but I must admit, today was the first time in a while I was very sad to leave! 
We are having a great weekend with a bunch of students for the "Winter Rush" conference in Myrtle Beach. Cody did a great job speaking tonight (as always). He shared a new talk titled "Jesus, the drunkard and the glutton". My husband likes to make you think and get you to search the scriptures for yourself. So, for those of you wondering, Jesus was not a drunkard or glutton but he was categorized as one because He associated with those who were! In other words, He hung out with people society disapproved of and people different from Him. Our separation as Christians should be inward. I was so challenged to reach out and meet people different from me, regardless of what my onlookers might say or think! 
Hope all my friends and family in GA had fun in the snow today! I love you guys! 

1 comments:

Jenn said...

I can't believe you missed our blizzard here. Bummer. And you know it probably won't snow for another 10 years! We miss you!!!!