Monday, May 4, 2009

4th grade

Tonight I helped my cousin, Kenzie, grade papers for her 4th grade class. Their assignment was to write journal entries about the 3 regions of NC as if they had taken a field trip to each spot. Talk about free entertainment! One child wrote the following & I was cracking up..."Pee you! The Coastal Plain looked like garbage on a stick when I saw the Piedmont Region!" Garbage on a stick?!? Really?!? 


Oh, the memories! It must be said that I hated 4th grade. The worst year of all my schooling. Hated it. I had a teacher that I shall never forget & for more reasons than I could express (she will remain nameless). Here's the deal, the main deal, she never once gave me the "Terrific Kid" award. She did, however, send me to the office to pick them up for her on one occasion & all the way to the office & back all I could think was "this is my month, I know she's going to give it to me". Well, she didn't & I've never gotten over it. I know what your thinking..."you must not have been too "terrific"". Well, the verdict is still out of that one. I know, I know, that was many moons ago & it's probably time to move on. This is SO Dr. Phil. I remember one assignment in her class where I was writing about the "hail" storm but referred to it as the "hell" storm. Preacher's kid...trust! :) Do you remember 4th grade?

1 comments:

Jenny B said...

Oh Katie...you crack me up! I would have given you the Terrific Kid award on a weekly basis!