Wednesday, March 25, 2009

50 Years!

On March 10, my grandparents celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary! The entire family has been sneaking around since before Thanksgiving to plan a big parTAY in their honor. Well, we pulled it off (trust me, it wasn't an easy task) & they had no idea what was coming. On Thursday night, we had a 1938 Buick Special pick them up for a night out with all their kids, grandkids & great grands. My grandfather LOVES cars so he was super excited to ride in this HOT car. It was so Bonnie & Clyde...without the machine guns, of course.

They totally thought that our nice family dinner was their big surprise but we pulled one over on them when they arrived at the clubhouse Friday night where they were greeted by 130 of their dearest friends & family! We had a yummy dinner & a fun time dancing the night away. It was so special & they were so shocked!
The Cake (Mom & I decided we wanted to give it a shot & there were times that I thought I might have to find a last minute baker but I think it turned out pretty good)
Pete & Beckie celebrating with a dance. They really know how to "glide" in perfect sync! I guess that's what happens when you dance together for 50 years.
Cody & my Grandmother. I think she finally loves him! ;)
Us. We only have 44 more to go!

0 comments: