Thursday, March 5, 2009

I think I'll go to Boston....

We spent the week hanging with our pals, Bethany & Andy in the burbs of Boston. On Tuesday, we jumped on the "T" & spent the day in the city. Let me just say...it was freezing! I'm not even embarrassed to say how cold it was because all the New Englanders were whining about it too!! 
We had lunch at Fire & Ice 
Andy & Cody doing a perfect portrayal...
I couldn't resist jumping on this guys lap. Sorry to say I have no idea who he is because people were sitting on his name. I'm sure we will meet again! 
I convinced Cody to sit on the donkey for a pic. It's really cold, apparently!
We rushed through the freedom trail, ducking into Starbucks or H&M every 10 minutes so we could thaw out...just like our forefathers during the revolution! 
In my opinion, no trip to Boston would be complete without...
The last time we were at Mike's, the line wrapped around the block & the place was so packed we couldn't see the display cases. It was SO worth it!
How do you even choose?
Bethany, Shauna, Cody & Me on the "T" with our Mike's!
Our little Mike's box contained 1 chocolate chip cannoli (the best), 1 lemon cream puff, 1 chocolate cupcake with chocolate fudge icing & 1 sugar cookie the size of Cody's face! Yummo!
We had a "wicked" fun time in Boston but we were happy to get to a warm fireplace. Thanks Bethany, Andy & Shauna for showing us around! Next time we visit, we are hoping for warmer weather! 

2 comments:

Jenn said...

The donkey picture is hilarious and priceless all at the same time! But I am so jealous about the pastry shop! How did you leave without even more?!

Anonymous said...

Mike's is the best!