Sunday, April 20, 2008

Good Times!

We had so much fun in Nashville this weekend starting with dinner Friday night with Brittany, Annie (the orphan), Jill, Jason and Lena at a yum Italian restaurant. We were entertained by Cody and Jason singing song bites in their most scary impersonations. All heads turned!  I, of course, wanted to hear a band or go karaoke but Jason didn't think his voice could hold out for a duet! Since karaoke was out of the question and the weather was yuck, we went back Britt's apartment and talked for hours. Brittany's place is so cute and cozy and she has a closet full of collared shirts and more strands of pearls than a person can count! Brittany also has a 4 pound dog named Ellie Chanel (yes, I voted for this name)...with that being said I must confess I am both terrified and disgusted by animals. It's amazing we are still friends!  However, I faced my fear and stayed in Britt's apartment with the dog! 


Saturday, before heading to Cookeville for Cody's speaking engagement, we had lunch with Jenna and her new beau, Bobby. It was so nice to meet him and see my Jenna! We couldn't leave Jackson's Bistro without trying the cookie-dough eggrolls and it was SO worth it!!! I highly recommend a trip to Jackson's if you are in Nashville. Cody spoke Sat. night and this morning and it was great. We met a new band, lots of great students and the youth pastor and his sweet wife. We had a great trip and got to see so many people we love and rarely see. We are back home now and watching Cody's favorite movie, The Truman Show. Have a wonderful Monday!!

**NOTE: There are no pics of the above activities because I foolishly left my camera at home! I was totally lost!  

0 comments: