Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Dominican Republic here we come...

Cody and I are preparing to leave Friday morning to go to Dominican Republic with a group from our church. We get to see the activity of God in youth group, schools and churches all across the U.S. every week and so we are thrilled to see God do a special work in Dominican. Packing, unlike my usual process, has turned into quite an ordeal...two outfits per day (14 outfits), comfortable shoes, a swimsuit and all the necessary toiletries in one 50 pound suitcase! Our Wednesday night meeting was informative, productive and successful in making everyone excited about our upcoming adventure. As I helped pack the clothes we purchased for the orphanage, I couldn't help but wonder how our visit would change the lives of these kids and more importantly, change our lives. Everyone has been so busy thinking about the trips itinerary and what we will need to pack that the change that will take place in our own lives is literally going to smack us in the face. I can't wait to get on the plane! Please pray for us as we embark on this great adventure! Hopefully I can blog in D.R.! For now, I'm off to finish packing!!

0 comments: