Monday, August 11, 2008

American Idol fans unite

On Friday night, as Lit was coming to an end, I kept hearing everyone say that Ruben Studdard was in our hotel. For those of you who don't know "THE" Ruben Studdard...season 2 American Idol winner (ya know, the year Clay Aiken came in second place....by the way, he's a dad now. Does that freak anyone out?). Anyway, I really didn't give it much attention until I was sitting on the stairs talking to January and spotted him coming out of the restaurant. I thought, "I can't go home without a picture of Ruben" so I proceeded to make a huge scene, calling out his name, telling him I watched every episode of AI when he was on (he doesn't know I watch every episode, regardless), that I voted for him and asking to have my picture made. He was nice enough to oblige. It's not as if he was incognito, he pretty much wanted everyone to know it was him since his HUGE jersey had Studdard embroidered across his massive shoulders. Obviously, he's not the most famous of the Idol's (actually, he's the least famous) but, an Idol none the less! 

2 comments:

Amanda said...

That is great! Minor celebrity sighting!!

Hollie said...

Great picture. I love it!