Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I could live here...

Our travels have taken us many places & of all those places, there is only one place (realistically) I would live. I mean the beach would be an ideal place to call home or Hawaii, for that matter, but those all seem a little out of reach. Nashville, on the other hand, is a realistic residence. Nashville just has a good vibe. It has all the amenities of the big city while preserving all the small town, southern charm. And don't even get me started on all the music! 

Anyways, when I realized Cody's speaking schedule was taking us in the proximity of NashVegas, I quickly made plans for us to head up a day early to see my dearest, Brittany, & hang in the great town. We had dinner at SATCO which has become a favorite (seriously, Cody & I ate 7 tacos between us)! After going to Britt's church on Sunday, we all headed to hear Cody speak. 

Here's the deal...1. Brittany had never heard Cody speak (although, she has known him for as long as I have; 7 years). 2. Brittany has never experienced anything other than large, metropolitan churches. 3. Brittany loves to hear about all our adventures. 

Little did she know, she was in for an adventure of her own. After about an hour in the car she exclaims she needs a bathroom break (mind you, we had stopped in a little town about 15 minutes earlier, to get gas, but she didn't get out). Well, at this point in time, we were in no man's land. I mean nothing. Nada. Not even houses. Just fields. What does my hubby do? He dies laughing! We finally found a spot, made it to the church (which wouldn't pull up on our GPS) & enjoyed a great evening ministering. Another adventure all thanks to a life of ministry with FTF. Good times! 

Oh yeah! It was one of THOSE bathrooms. Outside AND with a special key! ;)
As opposed to?
Standing on the front stoop of the church. Do you see why our GPS couldn't find it?
The storm rolling in. Just had to capture it. 

2 comments:

A. Sims-Stone said...

I want to move to Nashville! I LOVE music, and woould move there in a minute. Sadly, Phillip doesn't feel the same way.
Will you email me your email so I can add you to my readers!
sims.stone@yahoo.com

Brittany Stephens said...

WOW! First of all I look high in that picture, Second that was quite the experience! But I love you both and I am so glad I got to spend time with you guys!