Monday, June 8, 2009

Made in the USA

Tonight I did something that every parent has to do for Christmas & Birthday's...I assembled a child's toy. First, let me give a BIG shout-out to all the parents who brave these "limited assembly required" gifts. I hearby promise to never give a child one of these gifts as I now see it as a curse to the parent! Secondly, whoever makes these products is a big fat, money making fibber who hates parents & wants to see them die. Holes were not where they were supposed to be & in some cases, there was no hole at all which cased me to take extreme measures. Why you ask? Well, I went to hang with some of my adoptive children tonight & one of them had received the Princess Big Wheel for her birthday. When I saw the gift was still in the box, I thought "what are we waiting for? let's put this thing together"! My quick project turned into 2 hours!! Needless to say, by the time the Princess Big Wheel was complete, sweetie was already tucked in her bed so it looks like we will have to wait until tomorrow to see if the wheels fall off. 

Look at that little girls smile. Looks so easy. Hey, it even includes "fairy decals"!
**Note: Easy to assemble. Made in USA**
The tool I ended up having to use!
Final product after 2 hours. 

2 comments:

beautiful you said...

Have to say, though, that big wheels are a huge hit for any kid, no matter the parent inflicted stress! What a blessing you are to those parents, and for spending time with the kids!!!

Bethany said...

lol I used that same tool to assemble a child's toy 5 years back...4 stitches later:)