Friday, February 27, 2009

I heart a good book...

I finally started the Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers (AKA: author of my favorite book...Redeeming Love). As I sat in the airport terminal yesterday, I finished the last few pages & found myself shedding tears but it didn't matter because, honestly, I was completely unaware & totally enthralled in those last few paragraphs. If Cody wouldn't have been there, I probably would have missed my flight! I immediately surfed through my bag to find book 2 so I could find out what happens. Thank goodness it was in my carry-on & not the suitcase or I would have died with anticipation. As usual, Francine Rivers makes you fall in love with each character. I feel like I know these people & I'm invested in their lives & what happens to them.  A beautiful picture of patience, servant-hood, humility & unfailing love is found in the main character, Hadassah. So, I just thought I would pass along my special find. Have a great weekend! I'll be spending mine captivated by book 2. 

0 comments: