Friday, May 2, 2008

A home of our own...Again!

We finally close on our house TODAY! Yeah! As many of you already know, we have been living with my parents since our house sold, a little over a year ago (we had no intentions of ever staying this long). Many of you also know we have been dealing with one particular house for 4 months (you would think the bank would have their act together and want to be rid of a foreclosure but, apparently not) and as of 11:30 today, it will finally be ours. Yes, they have removed the lock box from the door and the sign from the yard. The lovely two-story brick in Powder Springs, GA officially has owners. The interior needs a little TLC so I've been choosing paint colors, carpet, stains, appliances and all the other fun stuff that comes with updating a house. We are so happy to have something to make our own, once again! So, for those of you who were worried we would be moving in with you, sleep in peace tonight. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't know me. And you are probably going to think I am crazy (but I am not). Anyway, I was a counsler at a camp Cody spoke at this winter (New Hampshire). I checked out Cody's blog, after camp because my teens and myself really loved his message and way of speaking. Well, I got to your blog page from his and can't help it but got strangly attatched. I have no Christain friends and my church has no young people. My dad is the pastor and he is great but this area in Vermont we live in is so dry. Our church is about 30 and that is alot of this area! I was really discouraged when I looked at your page and saw that you had a huge church and Christain friends and I even joked and asked my husband if we could move to Georgia! (but in a way was serious) I guess I am living a bit through your blog....but I would like you to check mine out and maybe we can be blogger friends? (I sound crazy I know this). But anyway, what started this comment today is that I see you and Cody are closing today on a new house! My husband and I are closing on our new place next week. And us to have been staying with my parents since we sold our last place in November. Well, good luck!

Heidi Zawisza said...

Yeah Katie! Congrats! And in case I don't get to talk to you before Hawaii......HAVE A FABULOUS TIME!!!
Be sure to keep us a LITTLE updated while you are gone!

Christy said...

Yay Katie! Congrats for being homeowners!! Can't wait to see it, had fun last night!!

Jenn said...

Hooray!!! WooHoo!!! Can't wait to party at the Deese House! We are very happy for our friends. Love ya! :)