Sunday, March 2, 2008

New Hampshire



We had a blast in New England this weekend! We flew in Thursday afternoon and when we went to get our luggage everything made it but the most important bag...the bag with all the toiletries! I seriously thought I was going to have a nervous break-down. Our new friends Andy, Bethany and Shauna thought I was crazy because I refused to leave the room until I got my make-up and hair products. They all commented that "it must be a southern thing". Honestly, what true southern woman leaves the house (especially when they are meeting new people) with no make-up!! I was thrilled to see my bag arrive early Friday morning so I could face the world with southern style. 

Cody did a great job speaking and we saw many students make decisions for Christ! It starting snowing about 10pm Friday night and continued until mid morning on Saturday. It was so beautiful! We played in the snow and everyone kept asking us if we had ever seen it before. We really looked like a bunch of amateurs with our "snow" skiing gear (they said we didn't have to call it "snow" skiing there)! Everyone else was wearing jeans and we had on our waterproof snow pants. It was freezing cold and they were in t-shirts, a few had on sandals and some kids were even wearing shorts! We built a huge snow"woman" and went tubbing with the students. Thanks to Andy, Bethany, Shauna, Josiah and Mercy for showing us a great time at Monadnock camp! 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey. You don't know me but I was a chaperon at Monadnock Bible Camp this weekend. Cody was a great speaker! My teens really enjoyed him. Anyway, I wish you guys the best- Thanks for all you do for the Lord!