Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Long Johns? People actually wears those?

      The last time we wore socks (not really)!     
              
We leave for New Hampshire tomorrow and so I am busy getting ready for our trip! The event leader informed us there is about 2 feet of snow on the ground! Yeah! I am officially packing my snow clothes! I haven't pulled these things out since our ski vacation to Jackson Hole, WY in Dec. of 2005. I guess that really goes to show how under-prepared we really are for cold weather! I'm going with the theory that more is always better and packing my huge suitcase with lots of socks, scarfs and gloves (all of which I haven't worn all winter). We are excited to go to a new place, meet new people and enjoy a time of worship and snow tubbing with lots of students and youth pastors. We are also going to meet up with some of our friends from Boston, Todd and Amy! I think they just want to see if we can withstand the northeastern freezing temps! I will be posting any interesting stories and pictures of our adventure in the near future. Ya know...the beautiful, white, powdery (Is that even a real word? It sounds funny!) snow is great until you are actually standing in it...cold and wet. Tomorrow night I'm sure I'll be dreaming of the warm sands of Panama City Beach! 

0 comments: