Tuesday, June 10, 2008

102 degrees!

This past weekend we were in Pinehurst, NC (my hometown) for an event with Fan the Flame. Our friends and one of the greatest bands we work with, the Jason Cox Band, joined us for an exciting weekend. It's always fun when we are with these guys...deep conversations and laughs all around! We were also joined by our amazing intern for the summer, Jessica, who had absolutely no idea what she was getting into when she joined us! She is already such a blessing to us and was so helpful. Since we were in my hometown, we got to see all the cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents! It was the first time the church had ever hosted an event for youth with a speaker and band! It was 102 degrees on Sat. and Sun. so the outdoor activities were quickly moved inside. As we unloaded the trailer (actually, we watched the band unload the trailer) we were scorching. We couldn't believe how hot it was for the beginning of June. Ridiculous! 


I'm sure it was a little shock to some people considering the fact that Cody and the band wear jeans (exclusively), tees and all have hair that is totally out of control! The event went great and I know many lives were changed. My cousin, Morgan, shared her story about the change God has done and continues to do in her life. I was so thrilled to hear her share all God is doing in and through her! She was so nervous but she did great and it was so relevant to the group. It was a blessing to do an event in my hometown in an attempt to reach the area. As usual, we came home with a few stories to share about some of the crazy's we run into (Jessica, I'm sure, had a few of her own). We love our job and all the amazing adventures we get to be part of. It may be late nights and long days but I agree with Jessica..."this doesn't feel like work, it feels like vacation"! 

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Next time I'm doing whatever possible to see you guys when you are in town!