Monday, June 16, 2008

Kitchen

As promised, below are a few pics of our new kitchen! It turned out just as I had hoped. I guess I need to start cooking now! I love to walk into a house, get a vision, make the selections and transform it into something cozy and beautiful! We love our new place! I will post more of other rooms at a later date. 
Before


After

So, here's what we did (when I say we, I mean a team of the greatest sub-contractors on the planet...thanks North GA Contractors AKA: Dad)...re-finished the hardwood flooring with a darker stain, new stainless steel appliances, new tile on the back-splash, installed a granite countertop and re-finished the cabinets with an antique stain. 

4 comments:

Jenny B said...

katie! It looks awesome!! I either need to see more pictures or come see it in person.

Hillary Hull said...

Hey Katie! I came across your blog from Jen's page and I have to say you have a talent for remodeling! I don't think we've met at church yet, but my husband Chris and I have been coming for a few months now. Next time I see ya, I'll introduce myself. :) OH yeah - we LOVE the Sundays that you sing! Your voice is amazing. Chris and I love the Hosannah song you sang last Sunday. Have a great week!

Christy said...

Looks great Katie, I agree with Jen. I need to come see it in person!! We're about to be out of town for a few weeks, but when I get back we need to make plans!

Anonymous said...

I love it, very nice. I am not ready to show our before and after pictures yet...our place is coming along though. It does feel good to be out of my parents- you probably feel the same way. Well, in all honesty I could have stayed longer but with a husband and a kid it is nice to be alone again. :-)