Monday, January 26, 2009

Encounter 09: Part I

We were so blessed to be part of Encounter 09 at Monadnock Bible Camp in Jaffery, NH! Cody spoke to a few hundred kids, we met tons of new people & built some great relationships. It was such a delight to get to know Todd (a camp director), his wife, Holly, & their kids. We can't wait to be a part of 2 more camps in the snow (which was beautiful but REALLY cold)! Here a some pics from the gorgeous sights & events!

I couldn't resist this little spot close to the camp site. After all, my favorite color IS red!! (Linda, if you are reading this, it reminds me of your house)
It's so hard to take a picture of yourself!
So quaint!
Water under the bridge...
This bridge is amazingly stunning & I tried to capture it but failed miserably.
The best part of the weekend (other than our dinner with new friends on Sunday night) was the Saturday evening session. Cody gave such a clear message about Christ giving life to all who believe on Him. We experienced an amazing night of worship & were able to see many students begin a relationship with the Savior. Students & leaders were singing, loving on each other, praying together & enjoying sweet moments of praise. The image below is my favorite!
I'm happy to be in warmer temps & sleeping in my own bed tonight. Thanks to all our new friends in New England for sharing a part of the journey with us! We loved it & can't wait to do it again! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie, I have to say that was definitely one of the most Amazing nights of my life with our kids! First of all the message was exactly what our kids needed to hear! Many of our kids come from tough situations and like myself at one time have a very distorted view of God. They have heard so many messages in the past about Salvation...ummm actually I'll send that thought privately. I just can't thank you and your husband enough for all you guys did for our kids this weekend by being faithful to God's call on your lives! The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me,because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners,Isaiah 61:1
God bless the both of you I hope to see you both at our Church soon!

Anonymous said...

I wish we went! Kinda glad we did not sign up to go though as I have been sooooooooooooo sick with this pregnancy! I would not have been able to control my youth group feeling this terrible.

beautiful you said...

I love how you capture, what is to us, every day things. Jaffrey is such a quaint little New England town! It is nice to see sights from a visitors point of view.
It is also such a blessing to hear of the ministry from your point of view, too! What a beautiful time with the youth of New England!

You both have been such a blessing to us! Thanks again for a Wonderful evening out with the family! We all enjoyed you imensely and look forward to the next time you are in "our neck of the woods".
:)
~ Holly Carver