Saturday, July 26, 2008

BBQ, Besties and the ER...


Tonight was supposed to be pretty chill with a cookout at the Hixson's with some friends. After a yummy burger (thanks Pete), we heard a tearful cry and with that, the fun began! Our peaceful evening turned into a trip to the ER with brave Addie (the 4 year old who acts like she's 25), Hollie (the mom), Jenn and me! Thank goodness Children's healthcare wasn't busy so we were in and out before we knew it. Of course, we made the best of it by sharing a few laughs and chatting our time away. Poor Addie left with a tiny sling for her broken shoulder caused by the fall off the swing-set. For the rest of the evening we continued to hear these words from her little body..."I can't do that because I only have one arm now"! In the Hixson home there is NEVER a dull moment and it always seems we are there for the major health "issues" (like the time Hope puked all over the kitchen, etc). I guess you can say...we wouldn't miss it. 
We love you, Addie Boo! You were so brave and we hope you're better soon!  

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Who knew you could have such great times in the ER???

Love,

One of the triplets

Hillary Hull said...

I am so glad you blogged about this! Addie was the first thing I thought of when I woke up this morning. Bless her sweet little heart. I'm so glad she's OK!

Hollie said...

Thanks for getting her all decorated today! Now she is stylin"

Christy said...

awwww....I missed this crazy night! We're still out of town but come Thursday when school starts our travelling time will be coming to a close! Except for GA football of course. Then Friday is our DR reunion! Exciting!