Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Shack

We are in Destin this week for a student camp which means I'm at my favorite place in the world...the beach! I spent the day chillin by the pool reading "The Shack". My friend, Jennifer, was raving about this book when we met for lunch last week. As we were saying our goodbyes, she reached into her car and pulled out a fresh copy of the book for me to read. Apparently she liked "The Shack" so much she is now carting around boxes of the book to pass out to random strangers! Anyways, it was already on my list of summer reads since it seems everyone I know (and lots of people I don't know) have been flipping over this read! I'm not going to share any thoughts until I've completed the book. If you've read it, give me your thoughts. If you haven't, pick it up! Thanks for the book, Jennifer! Can't wait to have lunch again! 

3 comments:

Christy said...

Who wrote it? Have u finished The Honeymoon? I just finished Beach Road and 1st to Die-JP rocks!

Tammy said...

Great book! Many people talk about how "controversial" it is, however, the writer never claims to be a theologian. So, I think alot of people are picking it apart instead of taking away what William Young intended. Anyway, my husband and I both enjoyed it, as well as, the hours of conversation it sparked about many things. :) Keep reading cause it does clear some things up if you read to the end. :)

Jenny B said...

i can't wait to read this book! thanks for trying to explain to me what it's about...haha!