Friday, July 18, 2008

Take to the World...

go in peace to love and to serve
let your ears ring long with what you’ve heard
and may the bread on your tongue
leave a trail of crumbs
to lead the hungry back to the place that you are from

(chorus)
and take to the world this love, hope and faith
take to the world this rare, relentless grace
and like the three in one
know you must become what you want to save
‘cause that’s still the way
He takes to the world

go, and go far
take light deep in the dark
believe what’s true
He uses all, even you

I love Derek Webb and I've listened to these words 100's of times. On Sunday morning, I was putting on my make-up and jammin to DW and it's as if I'd never heard these words before. I repeatedly backed it up to listen to certain parts. The song has been in my heart all week and I thought I would pass it along. One of my favorite parts is "may the bread on your tongue leave a trail of crumbs to lead the hungry back to the place that you are from"! I've been praying all week this would be true of my life. Hope you all enjoy a wonderful weekend! 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharring. I am always looking for new music. I am at work now but when I get home I will try to look up the song to listen to it. I love the lyrics to the song GLORY by SELAH. Go to my blog page I have it playing if you have never heard it before.