Thursday, October 16, 2008

"The" Chanel's


I'm totally obsessed with wearing sunglasses! Four years ago, I went from contacts and glasses to 20/15 vision, thanks to the wonder that is laser surgery! Since that moment, I wear sunglasses any time I step outside. Well, I've never broken or lost any of my $19.95 specials from Target or American Eagle so I finally talked Cody into buying me a super nice pair of shades. I love them!! In fact, love may not even describe my affection for these glasses. Of course he thought it was ridiculous but, after just about a month, he said it was one of the greatest purchases he's ever made because I wear them constantly. All this to say, last week, a tragedy occurred. After a year and a half of placing my glasses in their respective case inside my purse, I dropped them (gently, I might add) into my bag only to pull them out later that afternoon to find them so scratched that I can't see out of the left lens!! I thought I was going to hyperventilate. I know it sounds silly. It is silly. All week I've been lost and I find myself squinting which, in turn, makes me have wrinkles, which will eventually lead to a need for botox or a face-lift. Bottom line...something's gotta give and these shades must be fixed because my dearest, Cody, is not gonna buy me another pair or pay for any procedures that I should deem necessary from the lack of protective eye-wear. It looks like our date night will include a trip to the scene of the purchase to see if there is ANY way possible to repair my permanent face fixtures. Sigh...glad it's off my chest. Goodnight!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What! Those shades I bought you are scratched! What the...

Hollie said...

2 of my favorite things in your last 2 posts.....Sunglasses and Rita's!! love them both:)

Jenny B said...

well i think you just need to get a new pair:)!