Wednesday, October 22, 2008

His plans...

During the 2 years we spent in AL, I learned so much about God's plans. I have to say it was probably one of the hardest, most trying times in my life. It's amazing how God's plans can be so different from our own but His plan is perfect. Every morning, on the way to school, Dad and I would pray together and he would encourage me with different scriptures and words of wisdom. One day, in particular, he didn't drop me off at school but took me to the church with him instead. That day will forever be marked in my memory as we read scripture, prayed and encouraged each other. Little did we know, God was preparing us for a trial that touched and changed our family. Dad shared the following verses with me and, even though I'd heard them before, they became favorites on that day and a mantra our family would recite for years.
 
Jeremiah 29:11-13- "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." 

Last year when my parents went to Israel, they purchased a silver bangle with a Hebrew inscription of my life verse. This bangle has become a permanent accessory in my daily wardrobe and not a day passes that it's not on my wrist. I hope you will seek and find! Happy Wednesday! 

4 comments:

Hillary Hull said...

You should be a wrist model, Katie :) XO

Jenn said...

Thanks for sharing this. Your dad is some kind of special. I hope that Joe and I can come close to being that great of parents for our kids. You are a lucky girl! :)

Hollie said...

So awesome...I love it!

Anonymous said...

1. I love Uncle Darrell
2. I love this verse, hince the tattoo on my foot.
3. I want a bangle like that...go to Israel and by me on for Christmas...k thanks. hahaha!