Sunday, October 26, 2008

One Life to Love

The past 2 weeks at VL have been, I think, the greatest in our church history. We all met Bill. Of course, I've known Bill and many others do as well but I had no idea of his story. I've known of his battle with cancer and I've prayed for him during this trial but I was oblivious to the wonderful work God has done in and through his life during this time. He was diagnosed with lung cancer in May of this year and he has allowed this diagnosis to completely change his priorities, life and heart. He shared with us how he truly prayed for God to open the eyes of his heart and how God answered his prayer, helping him see people as Christ sees. I've been so humbled and spurred to a deeper relationship with my Savior because of Bill's life. I'm also humbled and spurred to greater levels of living by my pastor's obedience to our Savior. Today, Pastor Pete washed Bill's feet and shared John 13: 2-5; 12-17, encouraging us as believers to be servants. 


Thanks to Bill for allowing God to use him. Pastor Pete and Family, thank you for your obedience. We are grateful and we love you!! We are thrilled to serve alongside you on this amazing journey and we look forward to the amazing years to come. In a world of ministry where many churches seem to be missing the point, VL is a breath of fresh air and I can't believe God allows us to be a part of HIS beautiful work there!!!  

On the way home, I heard a new song (to me) and the chorus truly summed up the day. I hope the words are an encouragement to you as they were to me. Have a beautiful week!
One Life to Love by 33 Miles...
"You only get just one time around, you only get one shot at this
One chance to find out the one thing that you don’t wanna miss
One day when it’s all said and done I hope you see that it was enough
This one ride, one try, one life to love"


0 comments: