Monday, September 1, 2008

We're country!



After getting totally fried by the pool on Saturday, Hollie and I met up with the Smith family at the Craig Morgan concert. I love any kind of music and so I'm always up for a concert, even if I'm not a huge fan of who's singing. Obviously "I'm country", I love "a little bit of guitar and a little bit of life" and want to be a member of the "redneck yacht club" so I was thrilled to jump on my "international harvester" to make it to the concert in time. Cody wasn't disappointed in the least bit that we didn't invite him to go since he endures country music for me. However, I think he would be in agreement with the words of CM when he sang, "there was a time before she was mine that I thought I was tough"! Ha! On our way out of the concert, we couldn't resist jumping on the tractor (I learned that "John Deere" is a bad word) to have our picture made!

It was so wonderful to be back at VL on Sunday. It's so great to come "home" to a place that I miss terribly when we are away. Pastor Pete talked about the Sabbath and reminded me "that's what I love about Sunday"...relaxing and being unplugged. It really is one of my favorite times of the week and when we are home, our Sunday afternoon nap is a non-negotiable and the same goes for our time to chill in the evening! It was a great reminder to take some time to break away from the madness.

That's the gist! Hope you all had lots of fun and got lots of rest!! 

2 comments:

Hollie said...

The CM concert was GREAT!! Especially the jeans and his "moves"!
I'm glad that worked out and once again the boys were stuck with MY kids. I really think Cody gets the raw end of the deal!!
The entire weekend was great.......it's funny how we go from not seeing you for 3 weeks to being together like 24/7!! love ya.

Angie Seaman said...

Big country fan here too. Glad you girls had a good time. Love the tractor picture.
Blessings, Angie Seaman
www.angelicagracedesigns.com/blog/
www.angelicagracedesigns.com